About Iyengar Yoga
Iyengar Yoga, was developed by B. K. S. Iyengar.
It is a form of Hatha Yoga and emphasizes on detail, precision and alignment in the performance of postures (asana) and breath control (pranayama).
The practice helps you to develop strength, mobility and stability through the asanas. Iyengar yoga can be easily enjoyed without several years of practice. Props such as cushions, benches, blocks, straps and sand bags are used frequently allowing beginners to experience asanas more easily than might otherwise be possible.
They also help injured or ill students to fully enjoy the benefits of the asanas. More advanced students can take their advantage in a better understanding of the asanas through the use of props. There are three unique aspects of Iyengar yoga: technicalities, sequencing and timing.
"Your body exists in the past and your mind exists in the future. In yoga, they come together in the pesent."
Detailed instructions are given so the student can learn how to access to the body through the outer, skeletal and muscular body into the subtleties of the mind. Often during the classes you will find yourself moving from simple poses to more complex ones, developing understanding of the mind, body and spirit through a step-by-step approach.
Refers to the order in which the asanas and pranayama are practiced. Each asana has different effects on the mind and proper sequencing prepares and cultures the mind, to make it conducive to your yoga practice.
Asanas can be held for different time lengths to enable a more profound exploration of the physical and mental challenges of the pose. It takes time to move into a posture and become stable. Remaining stable in a posture for longer time periods intensifies the depth of the posture and increases the benefits.
Terms and Conditions:
- Registration and deposit must be made to reserve your spot in the yoga teacher training.
- After receiving your registration form, we will send you a link of the deposit to secure your spot in the yoga teacher training.
- Deposit 200 USD to reserve your seat which is non-refundable. When your deposit is made, your spot is confirmed. We will send you confirmation email.
- The balance of the yoga course fee must be paid on arrival on the day of yoga course commencement, and can be done with INR/USD/EUR/AUD.
- If payments via internet banking or PayPal are made, and SWIFT or IBAN wire transfers are done, they may include transaction fees.
- If an applicant cancels or withdraws from the course, the deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to another course within a period of six month.
- Om yoga Rishikesh Reserves the right to disqualify any student any given time during the course of training
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during the training